Canada is the largest single export market for the U.S. and is a highly receptive market for U.S. goods and services. The North American Free Trade Agreement and Canada’s geographic proximity have afforded U.S. firms with a significant advantage in selling to Canada’s markets. Are you maximizing your opportunity? Whether you currently export to Canada or are new to exporting, the importance of developing a strategic approach to this market is critical to your success. This five part series has been designed to help businesses strengthen the skills necessary to effectively do business in Canada.
March 1, 2016
- For U.S. firms that are new to exporting.
- Learn the basic requirements of exporting to Canada.
- Speakers include the U.S. Commercial Service in Canada and TiviTrade.
March 3, 2016
- For U.S. firms that produce agricultural products and are new to exporting.
- Learn the basic requirements of exporting agricultural products to Canada.
- Our speaker for this session is the U.S. Foreign Agriculture Service.
March 8, 2016
- For U.S. firms that perform service work in Canada (architects, engineers, technicians, etc.).
- Learn about Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- Identify whether your firm requires a work permit, the implications of NAFTA, documentation required at the border and applicable taxes.
- Presented by the experts at Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
March 15, 2016
- For U.S. firms that transport “tools of the trade” temporarily to/from Canada to perform service work.
- Learn the steps and documentation required to transport or ship goods temporarily to/from Canada, as well as tax implications.
- Hear from our speakers at the Canada order Services Agency
March 22, 2016
- Learn the details on how to access billions of dollars of Canadian Government procurement opportunities during this in-depth webinar.
- Understand how the Government Electronic Tendering Service works and how to best utilize this tool
- Presented by Public Services and Procurement Canada
Published February 9, 2016