FDI in Montana: Legal Index
This index is a compilation of federal and state statutes, regulations, and rules pertaining to human resources, taxation, business formation, immigration, and other legal issues you may encounter in the process of doing business in Montana. We hope you will find this overview of legal considerations relevant to foreign direct investment initiatives in Montana useful as you explore business opportunities in this state.
*Please note that this toolkit is to be used for informational purposes only and is not an exhaustive compendium. We recommend that you connect with us directly so that MWTC can answer any specific questions that you may have about investing in Montana, and that you consider securing legal counsel (MWTC can provide recommendations) to help ensure your business venture’s success in the United States.
Resources for Investors
There is a statewide team of Economic Development Organizations that are great resources for investors looking into a particular area in Montana:
- Montana Opportunity Zones
- Montana Economic Developers Association
- Bear Paw Development Corporation of Northern Montana
- Beartooth Resource Conservation & Development Area, Inc.
- Eastern Plains Economic Development Corporation
- Great Northern Development Corporation
- Headwaters Resource Conservation & Development Area, Inc.
- Montana Business Assistance Connection
- Northern Rocky Mountain Economic Development District
- Snowy Mountain Development Corporation
- Southeastern Montana Development Corporation
- Sweetgrass Development
- Big Sky Economic Development
- Prospera Business Network
- Missoula Economic Partnership
- Butte Local Development Corporation
- Great Falls Economic Development Association